8 Reasons why you should buy new apartments in Richmond
Ideally positioned just 2km from the Melbourne CBD, Richmond has plenty of appeal and lifestyle amenity that is drawing new residents young and old to its well-trodden streets.
Once a working class suburb, Richmond has undergone major gentrification since the 1990s and although you can still find many Victorian-era terraces, Richmond is now home to numerous brand new high-rise apartments and smaller boutiques that have been converted from worn-out factories. Today these new developments are being swiftly snapped up by new buyers and savvy investors and it’s easy to see why!
Take your pick from an array of stunning developments, that suit modern day living to a tee. Complete with high quality fittings and fixtures to ensure a life of luxury, many Richmond developments even have landscaped terraces, rooftop pools and private dining rooms with Tepanyaki Grills to really make your day to day living feel like you are on holiday. You can even take in uninterrupted views of the Yarra River and the Melbourne City skyline from your own private balcony or rooftop terrace.
So, what makes Richmond so attractive and why should you be buying a new apartment in Richmond today? Here are 8 great reasons you need to consider.
1. Great transport connections Firstly, buying new apartments Richmond means that you are extremely well connected whether you choose to travel by train, tram, bus or road. Richmond has five train stations including North Richmond, West Richmond, Richmond, East Richmond and Burnley with lines on Alamein, Belgrave, Bairnsdale – Melbourne, Cranbourne, Frankston, Glen Waverley, Hurstbridge, Lilydale and South Morang. This means you can travel in any direction you want with Richmond station the main station here. Trams also provide efficient travel and run along the main roads; Victoria Street, Bridge Street, Swan Street, Punt Road and Church Street. Of course you can get around by car, whilst it’s easy enough to travel on foot or by bike.
2. Café and restaurant culture Richmond is a charming place to live and full of dining opportunities, traditional pubs and classy bars everywhere you look, making it very easy to enjoy a midweek dinner, or a fun Saturday night out with friends. The majority of cafes, restaurants and watering holes can be found along Victoria Street, Bridge Road and Swan Street. Take your pick from Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese, Italian, Modern Australian, German, Indian and plenty more cuisines.
3. Shopping on your doorstep As well as an array of dining opportunities just waiting to be explored, residents of new apartments in Richmond will also have a haven of retail options to browse. While away the day browsing through boutique stores and furniture stores, whilst it’s easy to stop and get groceries or attend to services like visiting the post office or local bank. The Victoria Gardens Shopping Centre also is home to a wide range of stores, whilst larger shopping centres can be found in the city.
4. Only 2km to the city Residents of new apartments Richmond can be the envy of their friends, with city life only 2km away, making commutes to work a piece of cake.
5. Close to good schools and hospitals Richmond is also within close proximity of major schools and hospitals, making it an attractive suburb to live for those who study and work in these important establishments. Swinburne University of Technology, University of Melbourne, Burnley Campus, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology and University of Melbourne are all easily accessible, as is The Royal Melbourne Hospital and The Royal Children’s Hospital Melbourne.
6. Home to young professionals, couples and families Richmond is home to an abundance of residents, but in particular young professionals, maturing and established independence as well as maturing couples and families. Buying new apartments in Richmond that are one, two or three-bedrooms in size will be a good move here to target these demographics, making it easier to rent out your property.
7. Expansive parklands close by Richmond might have a lot of residential and commercial activity, but there are plenty of expansive parklands in easy reach including Yarra Park, Fitzroy Gardens, Yarra Bend Park and the Royal Botanic Gardens. Spend the morning going for a leisurely walk or jog, or simply spend the afternoon enjoying a picnic under the shady trees. The Melbourne Cricket Ground is also next door, so you don’t have far to travel to watch the latest sporting game.
8. Affordable apartments Richmond has its fair share of affordable new apartments for sale and at iBuyNew we have a number of stunning Richmond developments to take your pick from.
If you are looking to lead a high quality lifestyle, with all your lifestyle amenities close to hand then Richmond is certainly one suburb in Melbourne that you should not be overlooking. With excellent transport connections, schools, retail and dining all on your doorstep, Richmond certainly has it all.
To find out more about what new Richmond apartments we currently have for sale, get in touch with the team at iBuyNew. Our expert and friendly Property Consultants can assist you with your property enquiries and help you find the best apartment to suit you.
Call us now on 1300 123 463 to get started.
Published on 9th of February 2017 by Marty Stanowich