Top 10 reasons to buy a property in Broadbeach
Are you looking for an affordable property close to the ocean, yet have all your city conveniences on your doorstep? If so, you might want to consider beautiful Broadbeach for your next property purchase.
Whether you are a first home buyer, owner occupier, investor or downsizer, a property in Broadbeach offers you a fantastic lifestyle, less than an hour from Brisbane CBD. As well as a variety of new off the plan apartments to choose from, Broadbeach also has a range of townhouses and house and land packages for sale.
So, why should you be buying property in Broadbeach? Here are our top 10 reasons you need to consider first.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy a Property in Broadbeach
1. $20,000 First Home Owner Grant There’s great news if you’re a first home buyer, as you might be eligible for the First Home Owner Grant. This means that you could receive $20,000 when you purchase a new or off the plan property before 31 December 2017. This $20,000 grant was supposed to end 30 June 2017, but has been extended for another six months, due to its success so far. If you are a first home buyer, then we recommend getting in quick to take advantage of this exceptional offer.
2. 2018 Commonwealth Games With the 2018 Commonwealth Games taking place from 4 to 15 April 2018, The Gold Coast is embracing a wealth of new projects to help put the Gold Coast on the map. Firstly, approximately $200 million is being invested in new world class sporting infrastructure for the 2018 Commonwealth Games. New venues include the $41 million Gold Coast Aquatic Centre at Southport, whilst in Broadbeach, the Broadbeach Bowls Club has been upgraded. If you’re considering buying a property in Broadbeach, then your new property will benefit from all of this new sporting infrastructure and upgrades right on your doorstep.
3. Fantastic beachside lifestyle A great attraction for property buyers to buy a property in Broadbeach is the amazing beachside lifestyle. Not only do you have stunning beaches literally on your doorstep, but you can go swimming or surfing in the gorgeous ocean every day, whilst all of your city conveniences including retail, dining and transport are within walking distance. This not only attracts professionals and families with children who seek a more laidback lifestyle, but also older couples looking to retire in the Gold Coast, due to its warm weather and abundance of amenities.
4. $850 million transformation of The Star Casino Another great reason to buy property in Broadbeach is due to the exciting transformation of The Star Casino. Located next to the Pacific Fair Shopping Centre and a 10-minute walk from the beach, The Star Casino is currently undergoing a total transformation worth up to $850 million and expected to complete in 2020. Not only will The Star Casino house a stunning casino, but will also include a 200-metre hotel and apartment tower on Broadbeach Island, to be called The Star Residences. The complex will also house a plethora of bars, restaurants and a luxurious day spa as well as have an array of open spaces surrounded by tropical gardens to enjoy.
Hotel guests and residents can also make use of the recreation deck and resort pool with ocean views. Once complete, The Star will attract a wealth of tourists and residents, making Broadbeach a preferred destination on the Gold Coast.
5. Light rail expansion To ensure residents and tourists can travel easily and conveniently, the Gold Coast light rail has been undergoing significant upgrades these last few years. Recently, $600 million is being invested for a 7km extension to link Broadbeach and Burleigh. This will help reduce road congestion with the increasing population, which is set to rapidly rise.
6. Growing population Queensland’s population is rapidly rising and projected to grow 85 per cent to 8.9 million by 2057, and the Gold Coast is leading the way with this rapid growth. Much of the population growth is attributed to interstate migration where more people are leaving NSW and entering QLD, helped by its more affordable property prices. The Gold Coast in 2015-16 had a gain of 6,428 people, whilst Sydney had a loss of -23,200 people in 2015-16, according to the ABS statistics. With more and more people migrating to the Gold Coast, there is becoming greater demand for new property in Broadbeach.
7. Affordable property prices With Australian cities like Sydney and Melbourne pricing more and more people out of the property market, the Gold Coast offers first home buyers, owner occupiers and investors affordable entry prices into the property market. According to CoreLogic data at 31 July 2017, the median dwelling value in the Gold Coast stood at $494,500, making it far more affordable compared to Sydney’s median dwelling value of $856,00 and Melbourne’s $655,000. The median apartment value in the Gold Coast was $400,000 whilst the median house price was $549,000.
8. World-class tourist destination The Gold Coast is Australia’s sixth largest city and welcomes an additional 12 million people every year. The city is one of the most diverse in the country and offers an enviable lifestyle and natural environment. One day you could be enjoying the gorgeous beach and ocean, whilst the next you could be exploring the lush hinterland on foot or by bike allowing you to get out and about and thoroughly appreciate and enjoy the great outdoors all year round.
9. Diverse economy Although the Gold Coast’s economy is driven mainly by tourism and construction, the economy is now diversifying into a health and knowledge based economy. The Gold Coast is home to a world class teaching hospital as well as research and medical facilities and includes the Gold Coast University Hospital.
10. Excellent education The Gold Coast attracts students from over 100 countries and is home to three world class universities: Griffith University, Bond University and Southern Cross University. Each of these universities, particularly Griffith University and Bond University are within easy reach of Broadbeach, making Broadbeach a great base for students and teaching professionals alike.
If you’re searching for an affordable, yet luxurious property close to the beach and less than an hour from Brisbane, then a property in Broadbeach could be the right property purchase for you. Close to an array of shopping centres, restaurants and cafes, residents can soak up an enviable lifestyle, with plenty of parks and a stunning coastline to explore.
Get in Touch Interested in purchasing property in Broadbeach? We have a wealth of new apartment developments and house and land opportunities to suit all buyer types whether you are a first home buyer, owner occupier, investor or downsizer. To find out more about our latest Broadbeach property opportunities get in touch with iBuyNew today.
Call us on 1300 123 463 and start your property hunt today.
Published on 14th of August 2017 by Marty Stanowich